DION WINTER GOOSE CHASE SNOWSHOE RACE UPDATE (FEB 2):
* Snow conditions are great for snowshoeing for this Saturday’s race!
* Please note that the current Cambridge City Workers Labour Dispute DOES NOT affect the race at Shades Mills Conservation Area.
* All of our Dion rental snowshoes have been spoken for, so if you wish to race you will need to bring your own snowshoes with you.
* See you on race day!
February 4, 2017
10:30am (race day registration from 9:00 – 10:00 inside the Toyota Nature Centre, which is located adjacent to the parking lot)
A 3k double loop course, featuring 700m of lake-side trail on each lap. Starting near the beach, the loop follows the lake to a clearing, then into the hardwood forest. Runners will take on the rolling trails in the forest, before the trail opens along the beach again. Runners will complete 2 laps of the course (6k total).
Shades Mills Conservation area, 450 Avenue Road, Cambridge, ON N1R 5S4 (Directions)
The Nature Centre is located inside the conservation area will be open for registration, washrooms, post race pancakes, awards ceremony, and to stay warm when not racing.
DAY PASS FEES:
Day pass fees for using the conservation area are $12/car. However, these fees will be included in your registration fee for the race. Simply inform the gate attendant when you arrive that you are registered for the snowshoe race and you will not be required to pay the day pass fee.
There will be plenty of FREE parking provided on site.
**Please note that as of January 3, 2017 we have no more rental snowshoes available. If you wish to race, you can still register, but will need to bring your own snowshoes with you.**
If you don’t own a pair of snowshoes, we have a limited number of Dion Snowshoes for rent, and are available on a first come, first serve basis. Please contact us if you would like a pair reserved. Rental fee is $5/race and payable on race day at pickup. email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve.
All race participants are eligible for a 10% discount on Dion Running Snowshoes from Spafford Health and Adventure upon registration. We will also have some Dion demo snowshoes for you to try out after the race.
In the unlikely event of no snow, the race will still take place as a trail run (without snowshoes).
REALLY EARLY ENTRY FEE: $25.00 (Until Dec 14, 2016)
EARLY ENTRY FEE: $30.00 (Until Jan 17, 2017)
REGULAR ENTRY FEE: $35.00 (Until Feb 2, 2017)
LATE ENTRY FEE: $45.00 (Race day-cash only)
Sign up early to guarantee your customized race souvenir. Available while supplies last to those who preregister.
POST RUN AWARDS:
• First place goose and gander (male and female) overall will win merchandise awards from our sponsors, their entry for next year’s race, and the honour of being the lead goose and gander and being chased in next year’s Winter Goose Chase Snowshoe race.
• Age group awards for geese and ganders in the following categories: under 19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
• All participants eligible for numerous draw prizes, including a pair of Dion Racing snowshoes!
• Post race pancake breakfast with all the fixings! (Please bring your own mug/water bottle to cut down on waste. Thank you)
For more information, please contact Lisa Leskien at email@example.com
DION ONTARIO SNOWSHOE RUNNING SERIES:
Each racers top three finishes will count towards the series with the lowest point total being declared the winner. The first place male and female winner of the Dion Ontario Snowshoe Running Series will each win a pair of top-of-the-line Dion running snowshoes at the conclusion of the series. We will also be randomly drawing for a free pair of Dion Snowshoes and additional prizes at each race in the Dion Ontario Snowshoe Running Series. You must be at awards ceremony to win!