Sunday, October 23, 2016
RACE DAY KIT PICKUP:
Sunday, October 23, 2016 (Race Day): 8:30-9:45am (Sydenham High School Cafeteria, Wheatley St and Rutledge Road)
The start/finish line is located at the track in Sydenham. This picturesque 8km runs along the north shore of Sydenham Lake on the Cataraqui Trail. The course is relatively flat and fast with the exception of two small hills on the way out and two on the way back. The surface is a combination of 80% trail and 20% road. The turnaround is on Boyce Island, just past the bridge at Eel Bay.
Course Map | Flyover Map | Drone Aerial Video
Race entry is capped at a maximum of 300 participants. We expect to sell out again this year, so register early to avoid disappointment. Race day registration will be available if we have not reached our cap of 300 through preregistration. Please check our Facebook page for updates.
Visit our Facebook page for the latest race updates.
Performance fabric technical running t-shirt. Register by Oct 4 to guarantee your shirt and size.
EARLY BIRD ENTRY (before Aug 4) – $40.00 (includes race t-shirt)
STANDARD ENTRY FEE (Aug 4 – Oct 4) – $45.00 (includes race t-shirt)
LATE ENTRY(after Oct 4 and race day registration) – $55.00 (Sorry, t-shirts and sizes limited and not guaranteed)
POST RUN AWARDS (Sydenham High School Cafeteria):
– First place male and female will receive $100 cash, plus a free entry to the 2017 race. There will also be an additional $100 bonus if they break the course record!
– Second and third place male and female will receive merchandise awards from our sponsors.
– First place master (over 40) male and female will receive merchandise awards from our sponsors.
– Age category medals (male & female: 15 & under, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+)
– No duplicate awards.
– All runners and walkers eligible for numerous draw prizes.
– A great selection of post run munchies and beverages provided. (Please bring your own mug/cup to cut down on waste. Thank you)
Male: Taylor Murphy – 25:09 (2007)
Female: Victoria Coates – 28:07 (2014)
~ First place male and female to break the course record will receive an additional $100 bonus.
The trail is narrow in places. Be alert. For the safety of yourself and others, please no running strollers, dogs or headphones!
Proceeds from the race will benefit Impossible2Possible Youth Expeditions and Experiential Learning Programs. Donations will also be made to the Cataraqui Trail and Canadian Ski Patrol. Please consider donating to theses three great organizations directly.
Donate directly to: Impossible2Possible | Cataraqui Trail | Canadian Ski Patrol
For more information, please contact info@HealthandAdventure.com