Sunday, October 25, 2015
RACE DAY KIT PICKUP:
Sunday, October 25, 2015 (Race Day): 8:30-9:45am (Sydenham High School Cafeteria, Wheatley St and Rutledge Road)
The start/finish line is located at the track in Sydenham. This picturesque 8km runs along the north shore of Sydenham Lake on the Cataraqui Trail. The course is relatively flat and fast with the exception of two small hills on the way out and two on the way back. The surface is a combination of 80% trail and 20% road. The turnaround is on Boyce Island, just past the bridge at Eel Bay.
Course Map | Flyover Map | Drone Aerial Video
Race entry is capped at a maximum of 300 participants. We expect to sell out again this year, so register early to avoid disappointment. Race day registration will be available if we have not reached our cap of 300 through preregistration.
Visit our Facebook page for the latest race updates.
Register before Oct 13 to guarantee commemorative race souvenir. This year’s souvenir is a customized 20 oz pub/smoothie glass with our race artwork on it. New this year!…..all finishers will also receive our unique finishers medal.
EARLY BIRD ENTRY (before Aug 13) – $40.00 (includes race souvenir)
STANDARD ENTRY FEE (Aug 13 – Oct 13) – $45.00 (includes race souvenir)
LATE ENTRY(after Oct 13 and race day registration) – $55.00 (Sorry, souvenirs limited and not guaranteed)
POST RUN AWARDS (Sydenham High School Cafeteria):
– First place male and female will receive $100 cash, plus a free entry to the 2016 race. There will also be an additional $100 bonus if they break the course record!
– Second and third place male and female will receive merchandise awards from our sponsors.
– First place master (over 40) male and female will receive merchandise awards from our sponsors.
– Age category medals (male & female: 15 & under, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+)
– No duplicate awards.
– All runners and walkers eligible for numerous draw prizes.
– A great selection of post run munchies and beverages provided. (Please bring your own mug/cup to cut down on waste. Thank you)
Male: Taylor Murphy – 25:09 (2007)
Female: Victoria Coates – 28:07 (2014)
~ First place male and female to break the course record will receive an additional $100 bonus.
The trail is narrow in places. Be alert. For the safety of yourself and others, please no running strollers, dogs or headphones!
Proceeds from the race will benefit Impossible2Possible Youth Expeditions and Experiential Learning Programs. Donations will also be made to the Cataraqui Trail and Canadian Ski Patrol. Please consider donating to theses three great organizations directly.
Donate directly to: Impossible2Possible | Cataraqui Trail | Canadian Ski Patrol
For more information, please contact info@HealthandAdventure.com